Sitting 90 minutes north of NYC is Dutchess County, truly memorable Hudson Valley experience. World changing figures, who could have settles anywhere, chose to settle here. The culture is rich, the food is local, the history is our foundations and the views are memories in the making.
- The Walkway Over the Hudson, spanning the entire width of the river at 212 feet high, is a must see destination.
- Visit fantastic wineries, breweries, and distilleries across the county.
- Check out the "Farm Fresh Rail Tours" program that picks you up from the train and takes you to local farms in season.
- Crown Maple Syrup at Madava Farms, has the largest sugar house in the world.
- This area is filled with world class culinary arts, inspired by The Culinary Institute of America. Many graduating chefs find their home in Dutchess County.
- Dutchess is the birthplace of FDR and the final resting place of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt. Tour their home and visit America's first presidential library and museum.
- Publish Date: April 17, 2017