Region: Long Island
Distance: NYC: 1 - 3hrs - Hartford: 2.5hrs - Philly: 3hrs - Boston: 4hrs
Famous for: Beaches, Wine, Family Getaways
Not to miss: The island's white sand beaches
Perfect for: Couples, Families, Outdoors Lovers
- Publish Date: April 18, 2017
#Beaches #WineCountry #FamilyGetaways
Why It's Famous
Renowned for white sand beaches, restaurants, sunrises and sunsets, and the Hamptons, a day on the shores of Long Island should be at the top of your list.
- Bait your hook and whet your appetite for world-class shoreline or ocean fishing.
- Go see popular historic sites of past presidents, poets and artists.
- Visit some of the most beautiful lighthouses in the U.S.—over 25 in total!
- With endless beverages, picturesque scenery, food, lodging, music and more, Long Island’s wineries are the perfect place for your next day trip.
- Stroll the South Fork’s quaint villages and boutiques or explore the history of The Hamptons.
The End. The Montauk Lighthouse, located at the tip of Long Island's South Fork.The historic Fire Island Lighthouse at night.One of the dozens of vineyards located on the East End of Long Island.
The NY Sherpa Recommends
State Parks: Robert Moses State Park Beaches
Robert Moses Causeway,