Distance: NYC: 3.25hrs - Hartford: 2.5hrs - Philly: 4.5hrs - Boston: 3.25hrs
Famous for: Racehorse, Spas and Food
Not to miss: The Saratoga Racetrack
Perfect for: Couples, Families, Foodies
- Publish Date: April 18, 2017
#RaceHorses #Spas #Food
Why It's Famous
Classy and casual, travel 30 minutes north of Albany to Saratoga where you’ll find “health, history and horses”... at least that’s how it is often described. Add food to that list and you’ve pretty much nailed it!
- Saratoga Springs is better known by its nickname “Saratoga”.
- The oldest sports venue in the nation, Saratoga Race Track has thoroughbred racing throughout the summer season. Off to the races!
- Saratoga Springs is famous for its natural mineral waters believed to have healing powers by the Native American community, and dozens of spas in the area that continue the tradition today.
- Visit the 100+ restaurants and bars throughout Saratoga.
- Part of a national park, the Saratoga Battlefield preserves the site of a crucial American victory during the American Revolution.
- Featuring diverse artistry, the Saratoga Performing Arts Center—or SPAC as it’s known, is a loved venue.
Following in the footsteps of the original Pavilion Hotel, this opulent hotel combines the elegance of the past with luxury of the modern day. Walk into downtown comfortably from your condo-style suites or rooftop lounge.
Consider a tour of the complex and see the horses behind the scenes at the site of some of the oldest thoroughbred races in the nation. With hundreds of picnic tables, a cooler or tablecloth makes it yours for the day with tons of great food options.
The NY Sherpa Recommends